Ocean City Update
CONVERSION SCHEDULE – Updated October 2019
- Sandpiper Energy has introduced natural gas into Areas 1 through 16 of Ocean City and is currently in the process of converting or have completed conversions for these customers.
- Through the end of September 2019, approximately 2,377 conversions in Areas 1 through 16 of Ocean City have taken place.
- We anticipate the conversion of customers to natural gas will continue through 2020.
- When Ocean City is fully switched to natural gas, over 3.5 million gallons of propane will be displaced, reducing CO2 emissions to the equivalent of taking 600 cars off the road.
- Efficiently delivering natural gas via underground distribution will also eliminate transport truck deliveries, reducing the congestion in the summer and reducing pollution year round.
Safety is always Sandpiper Energy’s first priority. Thank you to our customers and community for your support during this ongoing process.